Fashion Jewellery for Freedom Competition 2021 Winners
Who is the Fashion Jewellery Designer of 2021?
The competition is now closed, judged and you have voted for the most popular creation!
The winners are:
Top 5 Contestants:
Congratulations to all winners and contestants. Everyone's a winner!
Continue to enjoy a 10% OFF when they shop online, and free shipping, until June 12th! Use Promocode "VOTE" at checkout.
What is the competition about?
The Creative Jewellery Studio is sponsoring a distinct contest each quarter to highlight the broad range of skills, methodologies and design aesthetics that represent Creative Jewellery Studio members and JDMIS Alumni. We aim to inspire and empower the creativity of our members and alumni.
All JDMIS current and former students are invited to take part in this fun way to have your creative talents viewed and become known to a larger audience.
Join us for an exciting jewellery design and fabrication competition - and take a chance in winning and selling your fashion creation.
CJS will also organise a sales event at our studio where contest pieces will be offered for sale, whether you are a current member of CJS, a current JDMIS Student or Alumni.
Participants of the competition stand a chance to win CJS memberships and other exciting prizes. CJS also reserves the right to purchase the winning entries for exhibition and sales at our studio.
In addition to the fame and exposure, you also have chance to win:
- Gold Winner: 3 Month Creative Jewellery Studio Gold Membership (Value $450)
- Silver Winner: 3 Month Creative Jewellery Studio Silver Membership (Value $150)
- On-line popular vote: All the fame ;-) and $50 CJS Voucher!
- Registration open: Mar 4th - May 1
- Submission of competition pieces to CJS Studio by: May 7th
- Judging of submitted pieces: May 17-22
- On-line popular voting: May 20-30
- Announcement of winner: Jun 4th
- Celebration & Award Ceremony: tbd
- $25 per entry for JDMIS Students and Alumni
- $15 per entry for CJS Associate Members
- $10 per entry for CJS Studio Members
- Registration paid on-line - registration link below
- Associate members: use promocode "ASSOCIATE" at checkout
- CJS Studio and virtual members: use promocode "CJS MEMBER" at check out
- JDMIS students and Alumni - you are most welcome to become free Associate members to enjoy the discount - sign up at: https://jdmis.edu.sg/CJS/signup
- Registration fee applies to one submission of competition piece or a set.
- Theme of the competition: Fashion Jewellery for Freedom
- Type of jewellery fabrication technique to be applied: FASHION JEWELLERY ONLY
- Competition is open to all current and former students of JDMIS.
- Contestants are allowed to submit multiple competition pieces. Each submission requires separate payment.
- Organisers are NOT allowed to take part in the competition.
- All submitted jewellery pieces must be the original work designed/created by the participant.
- Contestants can use any materials.
- The method used for fabrications of the jewellery pieces must be fashion jewellery techniques taught and learnt at JDMIS.
- All submissions of competition pieces are to be in physical form and must reach CJS (JDMIS, 501 Stirling Road, MDIS Campus, F1075) by FRI MAY 7th 5pm.
- Each entry must be submitted together with a product write-up and photos detailing: materials and technique to elevate appreciation and potential value. Data can be sent to email@example.com
- Judging will be conducted by an objective panel of judges led by Tanja Sadow. The submitted pieces will be judged on : Pre-judging 1) adherence to the theme (your story); 2) Comfort of wearing; and 3) Durability and workmanship; final judging by a visiting judge: 4) Creativity; 5) Beauty and aesthetic appeal.
- CJS reserves the rights on the final decision of all the winning entries and the prizes offered to winners of the competition.
- CJS reserves the rights to disqualify pieces submitted which do not follow the criteria for the contest
- All competition pieces are eligible for sales at CJS. Any piece can be submitted as "not for sale". Any physical piece for sale must be priced for retail price. If a set, sale will be also as a set. Submitted designs can be priced for custom order.
- Pieces sold at retail will be subject to:
- GST 7%
- Credit Card fees of 5.6%, if applicable
- Kris+ fees of 16.4%, if applicable
- (total max 29% from retail price)
- Terms and conditions of prizes:
- Gold Winners receive free Gold Studio Membership for 3 months, but contribute the time (10.5 hours/month) as it is worthwhile community and learning experience as well as helps to advance their own business. Winners are eligible to swap to virtual membership or upgrade to platinum level.
- Silver Winners receive free Silver Studio Membership for 3 months, but contribute the time (21 hours/month) as it is worthwhile community and learning experience as well as helps to advance their own business. Winners are eligible to swap to virtual membership or upgrade to higher levels
We are calling out to all CJS Members and JDMIS students to join us in this fun event and get your creative juice oozing. Impress the world with your creativity and show them that even a year of pandemic is not stopping you!
Fantastic inspiration by the shared Gold Winners of 2020 Pre-Loved to Treasure Competition - Kevin Lu's Fauna from lamb bone and Sujata Chowdhury's Renaissance, a rebirth from plastic:
Competition is closed.
And for all you New Metal Artists, Metal Smiths and Fine Jewellery designers - your competition will be coming later this year. Stay tuned!
Competition supported by